COOKIES & OTHER STORAGE TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as cookies.
Cookies help us provide, protect and improve the AlumniBox Services, such as by personalizing content, tailoring and measuring ads, and providing a safer experience. While the cookies that we use may change from time to time as we improve and update the AlumniBox Services, they generally fall into the below categories of use:
Security, site and product integrity
Advertising, insights and measurement
For example: Cookies allow us to help deliver ads to people who have previously visited a business website, purchased its products or used its apps. Cookies also allow us to limit the number of times that you see an ad so you dont see the same ad over and over again.
Cookies help us serve and measure ads across different browsers and devices used by the same person.
Cookies also allow us to provide insights about the people who use the AlumniBox Services, as well as, the people who interact with the ads, websites, and apps of our advertisers and the businesses that use the AlumniBox Services.
Site features and services
For example: Cookies help us store preferences, know when youve seen or interacted with AlumniBox Services content, and provide you with customized content and experiences. For instance, cookies allow us to make suggestions to you and others, and to customize content on third-party sites that integrate our social plugins. If you are a page administrator, cookies allow you to switch between posting from your personal AlumniBox account and the page.
For example: We store information in a cookie that is placed on your browser or device so you will see the site in your preferred language.
For example: Cookies help us route traffic between servers and understand how quickly AlumniBox Services load for different people. Cookies also help us record the ratio and dimensions of your screen and windows and know whether youve enabled high contrast mode, so that we can render our sites and apps correctly.
Analytics and research
For example: Cookies can help us understand how people use the AlumniBox Service, analyze which parts of the AlumniBox Services people find most useful and engaging, and identify features that could be improved.
We may place cookies on your computer or device, and receive information stored in cookies, when you use or visit:
– The AlumniBox Services;
– Services provided by other members of the AlumniBox family of companies; and
– Services provided by other companies that use the AlumniBox Services (such as companies that incorporate the Like button or AlumniBoxs advertising services into their websites and apps).
We may also set and receive information stored in cookies from other domains used by the AlumniBox family of companies, including the ITHPMR.com domain.
If you have a AlumniBox Account:
– You can use your ad preferences to learn why youre seeing a particular ad and control how we use information we collect to show you ads.
– Some of the ads you see are based on your activity on websites and apps beyond the AlumniBox family of companies. We call this online interest-based advertising. You can control whether you see online interest-based ads from AlumniBox in your ad settings.
– The AlumniBox Audience Network is a way for advertisers to show you ads in apps and websites beyond the AlumniBox family of companies. One of the ways Audience Network shows relevant ads is by using your ad preferences to determine which ads you may be interested in seeing. You can control this in your ad settings.
You can opt out of seeing online interest-based ads from AlumniBox and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the US, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe or through your mobile device settings.
More information about online advertising:
- Digital Advertising Alliance
- Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance
Browser cookie controls:
In addition, your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls, visit your browser or device’s help material. Certain parts of the AlumniBox Services may not work properly if you have disabled browser cookie use.
Date of Last Revision: July 4, 2016